Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Want to remove shared documents folder from My Computer window ?

Microsoft has done a fabulous job in the making of Windows XP. But least to
say, no two people are alike. Some of the default features that Microsoft
thought was good may not be liked by you at all. I have read various
newsgroups and chats and one thing I noticed is that some don't like my
shared documents folder option. If you are one of that, here is a trick to
remove it.Open registry editor by going to START-RUN and entering regedit.
Once in registry, navigate to key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft
\ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Explorer \ My Computer \ NameSpace \
DelegateFolders You must see a sub-key named {59031a47-3f72-44a7-89c5-
5595fe6b30ee}. If you delete this key, you have effectively removed the my
shared documents folder.

No comments:

Post a Comment